Hawler College of Medicine has been established in 1977. The period of study in the college is six years; uponcompletion of study students will be awarded degree of Bachelor in Medicine and General Surgery (M.B,Ch.B).
The mission of the college is to educate medical students as well as graduate students with proper knowledge and skills in accordance with professional standards; also to create a rich and supportive environment in which all students can attain their educational goals. The college prepares clinicians to practice medicine and provide good quality health care services at the national level. The aim of the college curriculum is to produce graduates who can improve health through patient care, research and education.
· Teach and promote medical science knowledge and skills leading to recognized graduate and postgraduate degrees.
· Provide high quality health care services in Erbil teaching hospitals and specialized health care and research centers.
· Provide skilled manpower in different medical fields.
· Conduct research work on the diseases prevalent in the country.
· Conduct continuing education programs.
The College of Medicine will ensure that all graduating students demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the faculty, the following medical knowledge:
The College of Medicine will ensure that all graduating students demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the faculty, the following medical skills: